Biking & Mountainbiking
Discover the beauty of nature around Radstadt from your saddle!
The carefully constructed biking and mountainbike trails in and around Radstadt offer cyclists plenty of tours to choose from, in various difficulty grades. Discover the charming landscape between the Dachstein and Radstadt Tauern mountains on a bike when you stay at the 3 star hotel Stegerbräu during your summer holidays. If you are put off biking because of the hills, why not try out the new E Bikes, you still need to pedal but the motor-assistance means you can explore our beautiful region without the worry of it becoming too strenuous. There are about 480 km of signposted bike and mountainbike trails (23 mountainbike routes) that start in the Salzburger Sportworld towns: Radstadt, Altenmarkt-Zauchensee, Flachau, Wagrain-Kleinarl, St. Johann-Alpendorf, Eben and Filzmoos.
Holidays on 2 Wheels in Radstadt & the surrounding Areas
- A great range of tours with differing route profiles from easy valley rides to something more challenging (between 700 and 2,000m above sea level)
- Gentle tours with the family along the Enns River cycle trail to the neighbouring towns or towards Untertauern to the deer park
- Challenging tours right from Radstadt: Eibenberg Circuit, Forstauwinkl Route, Fageralm Route or to Bürgerberg & Rossbrand
- Roadbike, Mountainbike & E-Bike rental in Radstadt at Intersport Rappl
- E-Bike-recharging stations in Radstadt marketplace & many other sites throughout the region
- Ideal starting/resting point for long distance rides: Enns River cycle trail (240 km), Tauern cycle trail (307 km), Alp Adria trail (410 km)
- Arrive by train, to the Radstadt intercity station
- Salzburger Sportworld was awarded the “approved bike area 2015” by “Mountain Bike Holidays”
- Every May: the Amadé-Roadbike Marathon in Radstadt – the classic race for bike enthusiasts
A summer holiday in Salzburgerland, full of bike & mountainbike offers
Getting from A to B comfortably with an e-bike, exploring the countryside or discovering alms (summer farms) and mo mountain restaurants with an e-mountain bike, requires less effort due the electric push that feels like a tailwind!
You really must try it – you will love this way of cycling!
If you find that many hiking destinations are too strenuous to reach on fott, then try with the e-mountain bike as it allows access to the most beautiful places without you having to be a top athlete and it can handle mountain conditions up to the best views.
Everyone can choose a route to suit them: leisurely pedalling along bike paths or heading uphill on forest roads and moutain bike trails. There is something for everyone in Radstadt and Salzburg Sportworld.
In order to make it easier for you to try:
there are 2 rental shops in Radstadt. Our partner from Intersport Rappl does even offer you a 10% discount on the bike rental fee.
Your advantages as Stegerbräu guest
Every Monday, beginning from approx. 3rd week of May to mid Octobre, a “get-to-know” biking-tour is offered from our partner TauernbikeTours and the participation is free of charge for you (excluded bike rental). Benefit from this service to start with an easy tour and discover Radstadt and its neighbour villages Altenmarkt and Flachau. The guide can further explain how to handle the bike and give you tips for further bike-tours.
In addition, as a Stegerbräu hotel guest, you can take part in the guided mountain-bike tours of our partner TauernBikeTours for free. Every Wednesday from the 3rd week of May until mid Oktober there is a demanding MTB-Alm-Tour and every Friday an easy MTB-Tour. With an E-bike, either of these tours is a truly wonderful experience.
Note: a helmet is required for the guided tours, and we strongly recommend that you wear a bike helmet when riding a bike as you just never know! It’s best to bring your own bicycle helmet with you on holiday.
A variety of tours with something to suit every ability and fitness level.
If you would like to preplan your bike or mountainbike tours at home, then visit the Tour portal with map overviews, height profiles and descriptive text. You can also download the GPS-Track and printable maps.
Tours with Guides – Free for our guests, 3x per week
With our partner TauernBikeTours you get a competent guide right from the door, for guided bike and mountainbike tours. Ride with a certified bike guide, across our beautiful alpine landscape. There are several tours on offer and are designed to fit the group. There is definitely something for everyone, whatever their ability and fitness level: from an easy beginners ride or gentle family circuit to intermediate hut tours or even challenging rides that take you up to 2,000 m above sea-level.
Your Bike & Mountainbike Service in Stegerbräu
- From approx.3rd week of May to mid October: 3 x per week- free guided bike and mountainbike tours with our partner from TauernBike Tours
- up to a 30% discount on bike rental for these Tauern Bike tours from Intersport Rappl
- Bikes and sports equipment can be stored in the cellar of the Hotel
- Free maps for tours in Salzburger Sportworld
- With your stay at Stegerbräu you can create your own packed lunch from the breakfast buffet for your bike tour.