Biking & Mountainbiking
Discover the beauty of nature around Radstadt from your saddle!
The carefully constructed biking and mountainbike trails in and around Radstadt offer cyclists plenty of tours to choose from, in various difficulty grades. Discover the charming landscape between the Dachstein and Radstadt Tauern mountains on a bike when you stay at the 3 star hotel Stegerbräu during your summer holidays. There are about 480 km of signposted bike and mountainbike trails (23 mountainbike routes) that start in the Salzburger Sportworld towns: Radstadt, Altenmarkt-Zauchensee, Flachau, Wagrain-Kleinarl, St. Johann-Alpendorf, Eben and Filzmoos. Salzburger Sportworld was awarded the “approved bike area 2015” by “Mountain Bike Holidays”. Every year in May, the cassic race for amateur bikers takes place in our region: the Amadé-Roadbike Marathon in Radstadt
As a Stegerbräu guest, you enjoy free participation in 2 guided bike tours with our partner from Bike & Hike Salzburger Land, which are on offer twice a week in summer (from mid May to end of September) and are also included in our Bike-Package.
A Summer holiday full of cycling and mountain biking experiences
What the region offers for bikers
- A great range of tours with differing route profiles from easy valley rides to something more challenging (between 700 and 2,000m above sea level)
- Gentle tours with the family along the Enns River cycle trail to the neighbouring towns or towards Untertauern to the deer park
- Challenging tours right from Radstadt: Eibenberg Circuit, Forstauwinkl Route, Fageralm Route or to Bürgerberg & Rossbrand
- Bike rental in Radstadt at Intersport Rappl
- E-Bike-recharging stations in Radstadt marketplace & many other sites throughout the region
- Ideal starting/resting point for long distance rides: Enns River cycle trail (240 km), Tauern cycle trail (307 km), Alp Adria trail (410 km)
- Arrive by train, to the Radstadt intercity station
Your advantages at Stegerbräu
- 2 x per week – free guided bike tours (from approx. 3rd week of May to end of September)
- Bikes and sports equipment can be stored in the lockable bike room
- Bike wash
- Free maps for tours in Salzburger Sportworld
- With your stay at Stegerbräu you can additionally to the breakfast, create your own packed lunch from the buffet
- Dine with us for either lunch or dinner in our cosy restaurants. Choose yourself if you wish to eat à la arte (prices on the menu) or you can use our “My Menu Offer” with a 4-course evening dinner at a fixed price and bookable on a daily basis.
- Early Arrival – late departure: possibility to store luggage, to change clothes and even to take a shower before driving home
While you are here on a cycling holiday, you can go out and about with a professional cyclist. During the summer months, from the 3rd week of May until the end of September, you have the opportunity to be accompanied twice a week by a professional guide, who will also be happy to give you tips and suggestions for further bike tours. The nice thing about it: participation in the tours is free for you as a Stegerbräu guest (excluding bike rental).
Easy Tester Tour
A leisurely and nice round through Radstadt and our neighboring towns of Altenmarkt and Flachau. Just the thing to get to know the surrounding area. As the tour doesn’t start until later in the afternoon, there is time during the day for other holiday activities and provides a nice end to a successful holiday day. No special fitness is required for this easy bike tour, as you cycle on flat cycle paths.
Easy Tester Tour
- every Tuesday (from May 23 to Sept 27)
- start: 4:00 pm
- easy tour on flat cycle paths
- duration: 1,5 to 2 hrs
- requirement: from 10 years (accompanied by an adult)
- with tour bikes, mountain bikes, e-bikes
After a short warm-up the tour leads up the mountains to an alpine hut. After a short rest for refreshments, you continue uphill. Your effort will be rewarded with a wonderful panoramic view, before gliding downhill and on the cycle path back to the starting point. There are different paths available and your guide will choose the right one for the group, depending on the situation and participants.
- every Wednesday (from May 24th to Sept 27th)
- start: 3:00 pm
- elevation difference: approx 600 – 800 meters
- duration: approx. 3,5 hrs
- for trained bikers with good physical condition
- with mountain bikes or E-mountain bikes
The following applies to all guided bike tours
You can register for the free guided tours directly at the hotel reception until the day before. If you don’t bring your own bike, you can use the bike rental service at Intersport Rappl, with a 30% discount on bike rental if you take part in a guided tour (otherwise 10% discount for Stegerbräu guests). Meeting point and start of the tour is always Intersport Rappl.
You will be accompanied by regional and local guides from Bike&Hike Salzburgerland. Helmets are compulsory for all tours. Our tip: bring your own bicycle helmet and also a drinking bottle for your cycling holiday.
Getting from A to B comfortably with an e-bike, exploring the countryside or discovering alms (summer farms) and mo mountain restaurants with an e-mountain bike, requires less effort due the electric push that feels like a tailwind! You really must try it – you will love this way of cycling!
If you find that many hiking destinations are too strenuous to reach on foot, then try with the e-mountain bike as it allows access to the most beautiful places without you having to be a top athlete and it can handle mountain conditions up to the best views. Everyone can choose a route to suit them: leisurely pedaling along bike paths or heading uphill on forest roads and mountain bike trails. There is something for everyone in Radstadt and Salzburg Sportworld.
In order to make it easier for you to try:
there are 2 rental shops in Radstadt. Our partner from Intersport Rappl offer you a 10% discount on the bike rental fee.
This way you can also test the latest models and explore the mountain world with them. As the demand – especially for e-bikes is very high, it is advisable to reserve bikes in advance. Click here to go directly to the website of Intersport Rappl in Radstadt.
A variety of tours with something to suit every ability and fitness level.
If you would like to preplan your bike or mountainbike tours at home, then visit the Tour portal with map overviews, height profiles and descriptive text. You can also download the GPS-Track and printable maps.
Biking in Schadming – Reiteralm Trails
The Reiteralm in Pichl, in the Styrian Ennstal – only 15 minutes by car from Radstadt – is a bike paradise in summer, where mountain bike fans, young and old, can find fast bike trails. The Preunegg Jet gondola takes you up the mountain and then you get to ride down the Reiteralm Trail. There is a separate junior trail for the juniors, right next to the Reiteralm hut, which has two routes with differing levels of difficulty.
An overview of the Reiteralm Trails
- 15 kilometres of new MTB trails of varying difficulty
- Ascent with the Preunegg Jet gondola during operating hours
- Bike Centre with bike hire at the Preunegg Jet base station
- Bike guiding available – to learn the perfect riding technique
- Rental of children’s bikes for the Junior Trails
For more information click here: Reiteralm Trails
Schladming Bike Park Planai
The Planai 10-seater gondola takes bikers and bikes to the start of the trail, where there is a varied range of routes that inspire both beginners and professional downillers. Look forward to:
- 40 km of trail fun
- Bike area for beginners
- Flowline for all skill levels
- Jump line with 99 jumps
- Uphill Flow trail
- World Cup Downhill for pros
All information, more pictures or videos are available directly on the Schladming-Dachstein website – Bikepark Schladming.
Please note that the Salzburger Sportworld Card is not valid in the Schladming-Dachstein region.
Bikepark Wagrain – Reopening Summer 2024
Speed, action and adrenaline will be on the menu for all bikers in the Wagrain Bike Park again from summer 2024 with a range of trails and numerous variants. Full details on the trails for summer 2024 are still under wraps. Due to the new construction of the Flying Mozart gondola the bike park will still be closed in summer 2023.
For the Stoneman Taurista Challenge, some trails of the Wagrain bike park will be part of the route again from summer 2024.
Some info about the Bike Park Wagrain (Changes for reopening in summer 2024 not yet considered)
- Ascent with the Flying Mozart gondola (section I up to the middle station, section II up to Grießenkar)
- Flowing, excavator-shaped freeride line with jumps, tables and steep turns from the middle station, where the blue course (easy) begins.
- For experienced trail bikers, we recommend the Hard Rock – Ride of the TOP, directly from the Grießenkar mountain station at 1850 m above sea level. The approx. 3.7 km long downhill course is quite challenging and includes medium-difficulty (red) and difficult trails (black). The first part is winding with waves, short pump sections and jumps. The second part is a natural single trail with many roots.
If you want to watch videos from Bikepark Wagrain, the best thing to do is google Bikepark Wagrain on Youtube.