Stay safe on holiday
Corona information Radstadt and for your holiday with us in the Stegerbräu
Update per June 15.06.2022
Look forward to beautiful and carefree holidays in Salzburger Land. Since 16 April, almost all restrictions have been lifted, with a few exceptions for the wearing of an FFP-2 mask in some public areas. Since 16 May, entry to Austria is again possible without a 3-G certificate and thus without restrictions. Further more we will have a temporary respite from wearing masks – this is announced for at least 3 months from 1 June. As changes can occur at very short notice, we ask for your understanding that we cannot guarantee completeness or accuracy, but we do our best to keep the information as up-to-date as possible. Please always check the current regulations in your country before you leave.
Key data on the current regulation
Read here about the Covid-19 rules in our region – the Salzburger Land.
Generally valid Corona rules in SalzburgerLand
As of 1 June (expected to be valid up to August 23), following rules apply:
- No FFP-2 mask obligation – except in high vulnerable areas such as hospitals.
- no more proof of G certificate – not even in night gastronomy
- in Austria, the validity period of the booster jab is increased to 365 days (i.e. from nine to twelve months)
- Please notice, that Vienna has stricter rules than the rest of Austria.
What kind of masks do children need – if there is a mask obligation:
- Up to the age of 6, masks are not compulsory.
- From 6 years up to the age of 13, a tight-fitting mouth and nose protection is sufficient.
- From the age of 14, FFP2 masks are mandatory
Since 16 May 2022, no 3-G certificate is required for entry into Austria and entry is therefore possible without restrictions.
Exceptions to this would only be countries that are classified as virus variant areas (currently no countries).
You can also find detailed information on this under: austria.info.
Validity of vaccinations, tests and other evidence
WHAT IS CURRENTLY VALUABLE for your stay in SALZBURGER LAND?
- actually you do not need to provide any G proof in Austria and this applies as well for the entry to Austria
Although the “Green Passport” is not necessary at the moment – here is the information about the general validity of vaccinations or tests in the green passport.Validity of the GREEN PASS:
- The first vaccination series (2 vaccinations or recovery + 1 vaccination) is only valid for 180 days (210 days for persons under 18 years of age)
- The validity of a booster vaccination (3 vaccinations or recovery + 2 vaccinations) will be valid for 365 days.
- The legal minimum interval between 2nd and 3rd vaccination will be reduced to 90 days.
- Attention: different rules apply for entry into Austria. For border crossing, vaccination certificates or other proof of vaccination will continue to be valid for 270 days but you also can enter with a test.
- Note: 1/1 vaccination with Johnson&Johnson is no longer valid as 2G proof since 3 January 2022 (exception for entry)
- Find more information under: austria.info
VALIDITY OF TESTS
- PCR test: 72 hours
- Antigen test at an authorised centre (e.g. pharmacy or test lane): 24 hours
Antibody tests are no longer valid and please note that Vienna sometimes has different regulations.
- “Living room tests”: Antigen tests for self-testing are now again valid as a proof in the sense of the 3-G rule if recorded in an official data system and not older than 24 hours.
Please see the validity of tests for entry under “entry requirements”.
NEW since June: in Austria, the minimum intervals between vaccinations are abolished and the combination of vaccination + recovery as proof of G is only valid until 23 August (transitional regulation).
Cancellation Rules, valid from May 2022
As an addition to the general cancellation policy, our Covid-19 exception policy offers for all direct bookings free cancellation up to 48 hours prior to arrival if the following situations occur after a booking has been made:
- Due to official restrictions or regulations, there is a travel ban, border closure, ban on entering the country or a renewed lock-down.
If a cancellation is made for other reasons, the general cancellation conditions apply. Why does the exception cancellation policy apply up to 48 hours before arrival? This is a small window of time that we need in order to be able to plan at the hotel. Should one of the above situations actually occur within 48 hours of arrival, you can of course cancel free of charge. If a travel ban, travel warning or imminent lock down is announced during your stay, you can leave at any time and we will cancel the remaining days free of charge.
What about a travel warning?
A travel warning for individual travels are not a reason for free cancellation. In this case, the general cancellation rules apply, depending on the holiday period booked.
What if my booked stay would involve a mandatory quarantine?
Due to the current situation, we ask for your understanding that we can no longer accept free cancellations at short notice. The general cancellation conditions also apply here from the time of booking.
What if I or someone in my family falls ill with Corona?
A Corona illness is not a free cancellation reason. If you are unable to go on holiday in the event of illness (which includes Corona), this is your own risk, which you can cover with travel cancellation insurance.
Since it is not only official Corona restrictions that can spoil your holiday, we generally recommend taking out travel insurance. You can find a premium calculation (if you already know the price of your stay) and information on travel insurance at Europäische Reiseversicherung.
Europäische” currently also offers cancellation cover in the event of Covid-19 illness or other contexts relating to Covid-19. For a better overview, the most important reasons for cancellation are summarised with a few examples in a separate information sheet. Read more here.
Further links to regulations and entry requirements
- A good general overview is provided by the austria.info website, where you will find detailed information on the measures and entry requirements as well as links to further information.
- Answers to frequently asked questions and entry requirements can also be found on the website of the Ministry of Health.
Regulations in other countries can be found on the official website of the EU.
- The information on the website “Salzburger Land” is specially tailored to the province of Salzburg.
Return travel requirements vary depending on the country of origin. Very often there are no requirements at all for the return journey or the same regulations as for entry.
Return journey from Austria to Germany:
Since 11 June 2022, all Covid-19 entry restrictions to Germany have been temporary lifted and therefore no proof of G is currently required when returning from Austria to Germany.
Please always check the current rules of your country of origin and have a look to the information given on the official website of your government.
What else you should know for your stay with us
Distance & Face masks
- Actually there is no mask obligation
- You are also welcome to make contactless payments with your bank cash card, Visa or Mastercard at the hotel and in the restaurant.
In the restaurant & at breakfast
Breakfast will be offered in buffet form according to current regulations, taking into account some safety precautions:
- Please disinfect your hands every time you go to the buffet. A hygiene stand or a bottle of anti-bacterial spray will be placed in front of the buffet
- Keep a distance to people who are not part of your family or visitor group.
The wellness area
- The wellness area is daily open and free of charge
- Although there aren’t any restrictions, we try to limit the number of persons, staying at the same time in the wellness-area. For this reason, we ask you to register for the wellness area daily at the reception desk. We are happy to keep opening hours flexible.
We are looking forward to your visit with a lot of positive energy and our warm hospitality and will do everything in our power to ensure that you send a pleasant and relaxing holiday with us.